The Association on Aging in New York is thrilled to launch our affiliate membership program to provide organizations and individuals with premier education and advocacy services.
For over 30 years AgingNY has been the membership organization for the 59 Area Agencies, and has lead advocacy resulting in millions of dollars for aging services providers. We additionally have provided professional development opportunities for staff, and host the contract with Boston University of Social Work for certification programs.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the amazing work of our network, and has provided the Association on Aging an historic opportunity to lead lawmakers to reimagine aging. In conjunction with our Board of Directors, and aligning with our strategic plan of strengthening funding, support, and assistance to all providers in New York state, we welcome you to our affiliate membership program.
Enclosed you will find information on our membership programs, including the opportunity for direct communications with our colleagues from across the state via our list serve, and our quarterly program calls.
• Increase visibility of direct care professionals
working with Older Adults
• Expand advocacy efforts
• Build community engagement
• Be a part of the Aging Services network in New York State
• Access to Affiliate Member section on Aging NY website
• Legislative Bulletin to include updates related to aging and disability.
• Quarterly webinars/Regional Conferences
• Aging NY newsletter
• Advocacy Alerts
• Network at the Annual ACUU Conference
• Connect by listserv to other members
• Members Lunch & Learn webinar series
• Access to aging network position papers